so the 14th will be the day I fly from Australia to San Fransisco, to Washington D.C to Ghana, West Africa and then take a bus over the border to Togo, West Africa.

I don't know the time difference but I doubt I'll be arriving on the 14th after that brutal flight plan. So I'm finding the silver lining in all the gross flying we'll be doing.

1. I have A LOT of books I want to read
2. My leaders kid is sooo cute and I love playing with him
3. air-con? i dont know if this counts.

nah going to Africa has been a dream of mine since I was a wee little one and I am so happy to be going with a group of like-minded others, with some practical skills I've learnt and a beating heart full of life and passion to do "the stuff"
I don't want to wish away anything so I am trying to not have a "i-cant-wait" attitude but rather love being here. And I've found a bunch of other things to love here including a gang who play touch football every tuesday...something I've missed like crazy.

And I seriously love water purification class. Today we learnt how to widdle with our knives to make plugs and 'filters' out of inner-rims on bike tires. Feels so hardcore and totally hilarious everyone checkin out each others knives like cavemen (and women!)




Comments

  1. your leaving from Australia?? and the 14th of what month??

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts