well that was a whirlwind. im here in kona, hawaii on orientation day of my School of Social Justice through Youth With a Mission. It is HOT here. But there is also a bunch of sweet people stumbling around just like me with the campus map, and lost looks on their face. So far I've moved in with my 7 roomies from USA, Korea, Canada...and probably elsewere I just cant remember. Have met up with a friend of a friend which is great. And found the on campus cafe which as ya'll know is a must for me. Its all a bit overwhelming at the moment but I know its going to be wicked. So my schedule is pretty decent, early breakfast, classes in the morning and work duty in the arvo. Because I got in so late due to the cancelled flight I have to wait till Monday to find out if I am doing groundskeeping or tending to the farm animals. They are attempting to have this campus sustain itself so agriculture is a big part of the campus. Agriculture + poo scoopers. haha but it'll be good to be outside.
Hard to get my head around my new life here but not being homesick is always a good sign. Usually my first night anywhere I am sleepless with a silly lot of homesickness but not here. I just couldnt sleep cause I was so 'siked to be here.

I'm sad to be missing my baby brothers 21st tonight and to have missed my big brother's graduation last night in Australia but am thinkin of the both of them.

Comments

  1. so exciting. i had no idea the kona base was so enviro.. rad..
    keep the stories coming dani.. i love them

    ReplyDelete
  2. ps. am i the only one who ever comments??

    ReplyDelete
  3. you and my mum. and you and my mum are probably the only people who read this! haha. X

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts