What did you do for your birthday? Oh just hung out in Hawaii. Pretty sweet way to turn 23, I’d say. Not to mention some serious loving from home. It was so nice to see photos and skype dates and lovely words and creative emails from home to bless me far far away. Finished the night off on my Aussie b’day (still the 22nd here in Hawaii) with a campus dodgeball competition. Words cannot describe how much fun, I’ll have to chase up some pictures from others because obviously I was too busy playing my heart out to take any. I am unbelievably terrible at throwing [think my netball passes but forty times worse] but a rockstar at dodging.

I woke up and went to breakfast with some friends at their house, afterwards we headed to the beach to chase some surf but Kona never deliverers. Had a LOT of laughs though with some great people. Some of the leaders of our Africa team came with us and their kid whose 13 is another adopted little brother of mine. Afterwards all 7 of us piled into a borrowed card with my board, got some juice and took our red sunburnt selves back to campus. In the evening my lovely married friends [seriously some of the funniest people ive ever met] plus Candice, savannah, tim and I ate another decent home-made meal made by Ryan followed by several rounds of hilarious “never have I ever” and I opened my wonderful stash of presents including surf wax, sprite, bookmarks, home-made cards,lollies, GLUTEN FREE COOKIES AND CAKE, a PHONE (thankyouuu Savanah) and minutes to put on the phone (Thankyouuuu Candice) though I am pretty sure the phone thing is due to no one ever being able to find me.

Very blessed by those so willing to make my birthday special.
AND these little pictures are of my Canadian cake sent to me by some of my fave Canadians. Glad they celebrated without me.

Comments

Popular Posts