Week 2? Really?







So it's hard to believe I have been here for nearly two weeks. Some ways it feels like forever in other ways it feels like time is zooming by. I'm not sure even how to begin in updating you guys but with outreach locations being confirmed end of this week, early next week I'll have more to tell you then.
So far community living is going ok for me, the food stuff is probably my least favourite part of being here, being allergic to everything under the sun doesn't really help BUT the Farmers Market does.
I miss my family of course, the sunshine coast and all the good people in it, but its a really .... i dont know the words..nice? time to be here. My days are very full, I won't bore you with the schedule but there's always something to be done. Lots of things to process and lots of information to take in.

To ensure this base can be run everyone takes 2 hours at some point during the day to do what we call "Work Duty" (not sure if I have mentioned this already)..... some people do painting, some gardening, some cooking/food prep, some cleaning, its actually amazing to see the size of this campus and how much work goes into going. I work in the administration office, answering the phones, filing, you know "office" stuff. It's not too much of a stretch but I enjoy being in there and am thankful I am not feeding the pigs like my friend Candice.

Here's a just pictures of my time so far (these I haven't taken, just pinched from friends) - lots of talented photographers here. We spent last Saturday volunteering as security for the Ironman (Yeeewwwww first place in both mens and womens categories were Aussies) looooongest day and so very hot but a decent experience.
The other photos are of our complete team, some of my delightful new friends, the surf break just around the corner.

Please keep me in your minds and your prayers. Its hard yakka being here ( I can hear you thinking, yeh right its Hawaii kid) but the stuff we are learning is intense and with much knowledge comes great responsibility. The days are long and hot but I know I am blessed to be here.

Comments

Popular Posts