Never been so happy to have a Friday

Friday = the end of the first week of camp. And what a great week. I have never been so tired in my life. Had a great team of grade 5 boys who were a handful but also so cute and so fun. We finished last night off with a night for all the parents around to just hang out, show them what we've doin with the kids, sing some sweeet songs. been really fun to be playing on the ivory keys again with our cowboy band. so fun.
We took them swimming this week, to see Zoo animals and today we went to Rounds Ranch which included tractor rides, a mist maze, a straw maze AND a sweet bucking bronco. FUNNIEST part of the day was when one of my tough grade 5 boys got a little bit too much air on the bucking bronco and went front flipping over the "bronco" ....he was a bit scared and teary but I could barely stop laughing to help the little dude.
Been so good to watch all the leaders on the amazing team but especially the guy leaders. the fact that young dudes would give up their summer and hang out with kids ...talk them on countless trips to the bathroom, play games like duck duck goose...very cool.

In other news the family I live with are still as lovely as always. Cannot complain about living with people who are happy to let me drive their van around, BAKE cookies for my lunch and make amazing dinners. Defs missing my own mumma and my brothers and the one and only Kelly B not to mention the ocean but the massive lake is a good stand in.
God is good and I am grateful for what I am blessed with

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts