this week off has been soooo sweet. I love love love the kids at camp but they take so much more out of you than you would think. High-light no matter what the whole time I am in Canada will be leading this little punk to Christ. She was 11, cute as a button and so much fun. She was my little buddy and she told me that her dad left when she was born and her mum didn’t want her anymore and lived in another province with her new kids. She lives with her grandma. She scrunched up next to me one day and I just said “hey you know jesus loves ya kid” and she looks up at me with the blue eyes and says “..the door is open” and I of course didn’t clue for a minute and then I’m all like OHHHHHHHHHHHH and we prayed. It was real cute.

Have done some fun things this week with the Prophet family whose basement I am living in at the moment, we went to Niagra Falls which was impressive beyond words, so beautiful. Did some fun tourist stuff too; something ridiculously competitive comes over me whenever I am in a video arcade playing mini basketball to win tickets to buy nothing…but still so much fun.
Hit up Toronto for a musical “legally blond” much to my best friends at home’s jealousy. I loved it..so hilariously cheesy and got schooled by old mate penguin suit for trying to sneak photos when it’s strictly prohibited. As per when I got the parking ticket a few weeks back “ohhhh im from Aus” doesn’t work.


This week has had a few down times too, missing my family and the surf like nothing else.
Was worrying hardcore ‘bout my brother who graduated uni and hasn’t found work in his field yet and come up against some walls. I adore both my brothers more than anything in the world, and want them to be happy and have the desires of their heart. I often can’t put into words the way I feel about my number one boys….and its kinda ridiculous how much I love them but have always felt like it was my job to look out for them. Somethings I can’t fix or control and learning to trust God with my most loved people in the world is hard. I don’t know if I’ll ever fully know how to do it. Was real bummed out about it this afternoon and was questioning God, questioning hearing his voice. It actually wasn’t like I was mad at him…more like a little kid tryin to figure something out. Anywayzzzz wacked on my runners as I often do when I’m homesick or sad or something and just started running. And I put my ipod in and I see this little path…..and I run down it and see these swings. And I start swingin and my ipod kicks into this song that has real simple lyrics “whom the Son sets free is free indeed, and there ain’t no chains that can hinder me…hallelujah” …….so I look like this lunatic in the park swinging as high as I can, singin this at the top of my lungs, joy bustin’ out of my heart and tears running down my face.

Think God is teaching me to trust Him. I thought I learnt how to do this already. I remember chillin’ in my house in Mexico talking to God…..talking to Him about how I feel like I trusted Him and that I was real scared when I first moved there and now I was fine blah blah blah. Guess this is ongoing lesson I am learning. God is teaching me to trust Him with my life, my family, my friends, my future. Shivers.

Comments

Popular Posts