so camp is really over now. the barn has been packed up, the kids are nearly on their way back to school, all traces of saddle ridge ranch are gooooone.

its a weird feeling being at the "end" of something and not headed home. its actually been a really tough end of the week, got stung by the homesickness bee and its an all-too-familiar sting which I HATE. I hate being away from my folks, my brothers and my best friend. These last few days I have wanted to be selfish, pack my backpack and get out of here. I'm still struggling at the moment with having the desire to do the next phase when actually I want to goooooo hooooooooome and be home.
but I know what I supposed to do, I know why I am over here and I know that my journey isnt over yet. I know that I'm going to love the next phase of my adventure and if I was back home in a few weeks I would be kickin myself in the shins ( a difficult task )
So I'm just waiting for the sting to pass and in the meantime enjoying my last week here.

My brother and a dear friend from home arrive on SATURDAY!! I cant wait to see them I think I will knock my six-foot-not-so-little brother over at the airport. We have some fun stuff planned, headed to New York City and then over to Vancouver before ending up in LA. I am trying to remember my little goal to live in the moment and not be thinking ten steps ahead. Otherwise if I think about having to say goodbye already my eyeballs will come out of my head in a tidal wave of tears.

Really appreciate hearing from everyone from home, encouraging emails and words are so nice to receive. And then there is still the amazing bunch of people here that have been so accommodating and lovely. I am blessed and need to remember that

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts