reflections

Last night I finally twisted the arm of my little brother to do my tax return for the past year. Which caused me to reflect over the last 12 months of my life. Since June 2010 I've travelled from Australia to Canada, to the US, to Hawaii, to West Africa, to New Zealand, home to Australia, to Haiti to the US, home again and as of Monday I'll be going to Bali. Phew. I've been blessed. I am blessed. I've never gone without food or clean drinking water any of those days, in any of those places.

I have witnessed a peek into the hells on earth. In the eerie memorial of the victims of the Christchurch earthquake. In the abused & abandoned orphans in Togo. In the pain of an overlooked eight year old in Canada who eats french fries with her grandma on the weekends because her mum and dad don't want her anymore. In the homeless begging in New York City. In the vacant look in that women's eye, who has been gang raped in the tent cities of Haiti.

But I have also witnessed a peek into His beauty here. He is still there. And he is here.
In the squeels of canadian kids playing at summer camp, in the shy teenagers in Haiti, sharing rice & beans and giggling about boys, in the tiny 5 year old togoleise girl who falls asleep in your lap. And in the warmest feeling of love you'll receive when a small Haitian boy reaches his arms up to you, wanting nothing but all the love you can give.

Love doesn't need words
Love doesn't even need actions.

Love just speaks.









Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts