my brother & me

trade us a cuddle & we'll give you a grin
trade us a kiss & around we can spin

you don't have to do much for us to love you
just give me a speckle of time, just a minute or two

we'll pout & we'll frown while we stand at the gate
throw rocks to gain your attention while we wait

we dont want much, just to lace your hand in mine
just a cuddle, a little story, that'll be fine

at night we'll crawl into our beds
just some brown cardboard on which to rest our heads

we'll have bad dreams but no body's there
to kiss us & cuddle us back to sleep. its just not fair

but when the sun wakes us up
across the street we'll eagerly go
to reach up our skinny arms eager to show

that all we really need to know
all we really want to see
is just how you much you can love
my brother & me


Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts