Ned Zed

When I flew to Bali, Indonesia late last year we landed in Darwin and were supposed to change planes and keep going. But due to some hiccups we had to stay in Darwin for 24 hours. There is not much to see or do in Darwin and we were SO excited to go to Bali that we weren't exactly ecstatic. But Jetstar actually put us up in a really nice hotel, we got to see what Darwin has to offer, AND they gave us vouchers for free flights within the year to certain locations.

My kiwi friend Naomi lives in Christchurch so I decided to use my voucher to go and visit her before I started back at university. Naomi is very messy, crazy, creative, loves to drink and make lots of coffee, she is funny and kind.

It was nice to spend a little bit of time with her, eating sushi, drinking lots of coffee, hanging out with her sweet friends and being cold --- New Zealand thinks summer time means 13 degrees.
Christchurch is still recovering from a massive earth quake only a year ago.
One initiative I loved is something the University has started which included putting piano's all around the city for people to use and play.









Comments

Popular Posts