I love this. Exactly what I needed to read. I don't want a normal life. I never have. But I also don't want to just float around like a fairy and not "get anything done"

The Freelancer’s Manifesto

by James Shelley, May 5, 2011
Readability | Instapaper


I will not settle with being paid to tell someone else’s message to the world.
I will not sell my time to make money for somebody else.
I will define quality and execute excellence more ruthlessly than any boss could even imagine.
I will leverage my freedom for the advancement of my art, taking advantage of my creative mobility to eclipse the corporate metrics of efficiency and effectiveness.
I will transcend the ceiling of cubicle networking in order to surround myself with a robust team of coworkers who genuinely inspire one another (and who are also cleverly disguised as friends who simply enjoy being together).
I will measure life and work with valuations that go beyond the fiscal and monetary: my criteria shall also measure autonomy, creativity, time, family, peace and happiness.
Life holds too much opportunity to warrant settling for the predictable. Life is too short to spend it on the known and comfortable.

Comments

Popular Posts